This Health & Safety Executive approved course complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 for the re-qualification of First Aiders that currently hold a valid First Aid at Work qualification that is due for renewal.
The Health & Safety Executive require a copy of the existing certificate as proof that they are still in date. If the validity of the current First Aid at Work certificate has expired by more than one month, the candidate must re-take an entire 3 day First Aid at Work course.
As this is a Refresher course, all of the topics covered in the three day First Aid at Work course will be revisited to ensure compliance and understanding and a final assessment will again be made by an external assessor upon completion of the course.
The course costs £140 per person and is delivered across two days.
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the candidate will received the HSE First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years.
- The Aims of First Aid
- Priorities of Treatment
- Emergency Action Plan
- Chain of Survival
- Personal hygiene issues
- Vital Signs (DRAB)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Unconsciousness (Definition, Recognition, Primary & Secondary Survey, Recovery Position, Head Injuries, Stroke, Hypoxia (low oxygen)).
- Airway & Breathing Problems (The Respiratory System, Choking, Anaphylaxis, Asthma & Croup, Hyperventilation, Drowning, Chest Injuries)
- Circulatory Disorders (The Circulatory System, Angina, Heart Attack, Left Ventricular Failure)
- Shock (Hypovolaemic, Cardiogenic, Anaphylactic, Fainting)
- Wounds & Bleeding (Types of Wound, Treatment, Amputation, Internal Bleeding, Eye Injuries, Nose Bleeds, Crushing Injury)
- Burns & Scalds (Causes, Treatment, Severity)
- Injuries to Bones, Muscles & Joints (The Skeletal System, Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains & Strains, Spinal Injuries)
- Effects of Heat & Cold (Body Temperature, Frostbite, Hypothermia, Sunburn, Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke)
- Other Serious Conditions (Diabetes, Epilepsy, Poisoning)
- Health & Safety (Casualty Moving & Handling, First Aid box contents, Accident Book, RIDDOR)