The course costs £200 per person and is delivered across three days.
On successful completion of the course and final assessment, the candidate will received the HSE First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years.
- The Aims of First Aid
- Priorities of Treatment
- Emergency Action Plan
- Chain of Survival
- Personal hygiene issues
- Vital Signs (DRAB)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Unconsciousness (Definition, Recognition, Primary & Secondary Survey, Recovery Position, Head Injuries, Stroke, Hypoxia (low oxygen)).
- Airway & Breathing Problems (The Respiratory System, Choking, Anaphylaxis, Asthma & Croup, Hyperventilation, Drowning, Chest Injuries)
- Circulatory Disorders (The Circulatory System, Angina, Heart Attack, Left Ventricular Failure)
- Shock (Hypovolaemic, Cardiogenic, Anaphylactic, Fainting)
- Wounds & Bleeding (Types of Wound, Treatment, Amputation, Internal Bleeding, Eye Injuries, Nose Bleeds, Crushing Injury)
- Burns & Scalds (Causes, Treatment, Severity)
- Injuries to Bones, Muscles & Joints (The Skeletal System, Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains & Strains, Spinal Injuries)
- Effects of Heat & Cold (Body Temperature, Frostbite, Hypothermia, Sunburn, Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke)
- Other Serious Conditions (Diabetes, Epilepsy, Poisoning)
- Health & Safety (Casualty Moving & Handling, First Aid box contents, Accident Book, RIDDOR)